Blogging can be a great way to earn money. If you can get ads running on your blogs and if you decide to endorse/promote certain offerings in lieu of payments, you can make it a huge revenue stream.
Bring something unique to the table
Here’s the thing.
There are a lot of blogs on the Internet. There are – let me check – yes, around 600 million blogs, according to a study done back in 2020. That’s not considering the significant increase that the last three years may have seen.
Keeping that in mind, we can appreciate just how saturated the blogging business is. You can think of a topic, and chances are that a blog about it exists. Pet care? Probably there. DIY crafts? Tons and dozens of blogs about that.
So, how do you make yourself stand out, and how do you make your blogging efforts special enough to draw people and earn an income? You bring something unique to the table.
Well, that’s easier said than done.
When we say bringing something “unique,” we don’t necessarily mean that you should start a blog on something that has not been explored before. There is probably no such thing in the world that has not been covered by some online blog before.
No, what we mean is that you should take a unique take and perspective in your blog and likewise write them in a unique way that makes it special.
For example, “DIY crafts” is a popular topic, sure. Cars are pretty popular, too. There are blogs about them both. But what about…DIY crafts for cars. That’s probably not completely unheard of, but at least it is something different and eyebrow-raising.
In the same way, when you want to make a blog, be sure that you pick something a little uncommon – a little intriguing. As for how exactly you can do that, here are some tips:
- First off, do some research about the niche that you’re planning on writing about. If you want to write about tech topics and gadgets, for example, you should do your research in that niche to find out what topics other blogs are covering. This will help you realize if your own idea is as unique as you think it is or not.
- If you do successfully think of an idea that has not been blogged about a lot, you should do some further audience research to find out how well that idea would sit with online readers should you decide to pursue it. Doing studies for purposes like this is not that hard. You can do a brief emailing campaign or create/share some forms to get feedback.
And that’s it for the most part.
Don’t worry, though. There are other things – apart from the idea/topic behind it – that you can do to make your blog stand out. We will tackle those in the next headings.
Ensure awesome content quality
You can grow your blog’s traffic and audience only when your content quality is outstanding. When you get more traffic, you get more exposure, and you can earn more money. The math is simple.
While the math is simple, creating awesome content isn’t. There are a lot of things that you have to take care of in the content to make it awesome. We’re going to reel off some of the main ones.
This may look like the same thing that we talked about in the heading above but we mean a little something different here.
One originality is the originality of ideas. That is what we covered in the first point. Here, originality refers to originality in writing style, tone, content presentation, etc.
When a blog is written originally and in a unique way (even if the topic happens to be otherwise), it automatically and inherently bears a mark of quality. The effort and creativity of taking the original approach make the blog likable and, thus, high-quality.
So, how do you snag that? How do you make your content original? Here are some pointers to keep in mind:
- Create and use your own tone. Don’t write like the sources that you use for research. This is a common mistake, and it can spoil the originality of your content.
- Don’t follow the same format and content layout of the existing articles or blogs that you use for research. Once again, it can be easy enough to be a copycat and imitate the way the other websites add their content and visuals, etc. But this can detract from the originality of the content and make it not stand out as much.
- The same goes for the points and arguments that you mention in your posts. Take a different perspective and try not to write like the stuff everybody else has written.
- Authoritativeness and Value
Content that provides valuable information is sought after by readers. There are many blogs that are centered around the thoughts and opinions of the author – something that no one really doesn’t want to hear unless the author happens to be a celebrity or an influencer.
When writing your content, make sure that it:
- Has actionable and specific information that can actually help the reader
- Contains up-to-date information
- Contains facts and figures corroborating the information
Doing this helps make your content authoritative and valuable.
- Free from writing imperfections
Another thing that makes content high-quality is being free from writing imperfections. There are different types of errors and mistakes that can occur during the writing phase. These include grammar errors, spelling mistakes, and other similar issues.
It’s common and normal to make these types of errors. However, it is not acceptable to let these errors go by and make their way into the final draft. You have to take care to find and remove them before your blog is published so that your readers get perfect content.
One easy way to find and remove these types of errors is to simply proofread the content once you are done writing it. That can help you spot the issues and take action against them. But, to make this even more thorough, you can also take the help of various online tools.
- You can, for example, use a grammar check online to easily find grammar and spelling errors in your content. This can be a good measure that you can use to find any errors that you may have missed yourself.
- You can also use an online rephrase tool to fix readability issues in your content. By “readability issues,” we refer to the types of errors that occur in the content to make it less readable and understandable. This can include things like long and lengthy sentences, difficult words, and the like. Paraphrasing tools are made to reword and restate content. When the right tools are used properly, they can help improve the readability as well.
- Plagiarism is also a type of imperfection that can occur in your content. It is one thing to deliberately commit plagiarism – and that is wrong in every way, of course. However, it can also occur accidentally. To deal with this, an online plagiarism remover can be used. These are basically tools that are made to change the text they’re given using different words and phrases. The purpose of the changes is to eliminate the accidental resemblance from the content.
You can’t make your blog into a money maker if it is not popular. You need to build the popularity of your blog by sharing and promoting it. There are different methods that you can use for this.
- Using social media is a good way to promote your blog. You can share the new posts that you publish on your social media profiles. This can help you in two different ways. You, firstly, get more traffic to the blog itself. And secondly, you can get more followers on your social media itself – which can make future sharing more effective.
- You can also start an email marketing campaign to promote your blog. You can, in other words, send emails to people about your blog. A lot of popular sites do this. They create a regular email blast schedule that updates people in the email lists about the new content they publish.
Creating a new and fresh idea, publishing awesome content, and sharing it are some of the main ingredients that you need for a successful and money-earning blog. There are other peripheral things as well but in the article above, we’ve sufficed by sticking to the main tips
If you want to make fast money online click on any of the links below to learn how I am making a whole lot of money online with these two sites. However the sites below will not make you super wealthy.
If making $3000 monthly from home is your dream, do not fail to check out these opportunities now. Taking any of the following courses will make you super wealthy.